The last Folksmother

for those who write, translate, draw, paint, design, compose, edit, direct, etc. and feel inspired by Oera Linda
Pax

Re: The last Folksmother

Post by Pax »

Good find. It reminds me of the parable of the unsociable man in ch. 13g, where the importance of building one's house on a mound is stressed.
Vigtig Viden eller ligegyldig Info?
Kraftr

Post by Kraftr »

I haven't had much time to do much, but here's a little progress in my studies; an improved son(I looked at some sculptures) the Magus put more in the dark and Kelta in layers(still crude), maybe making the composition more interesting by perhaps a waving cape, or the option of spears in front and poppyflowers for more elements and as a hommage to Europeans killed by other Europeans.
a bern.jpg
a bern.jpg (18.23 KiB) Viewed 233 times
n Wodin.jpg
n Wodin.jpg (8.2 KiB) Viewed 233 times
Attachments
a kelta.jpg
a kelta.jpg (23.07 KiB) Viewed 233 times
Last edited by Kraftr on 06 Jun 2024, 14:30, edited 5 times in total.
Kraftr

Post by Kraftr »

Also thinking on an improved Last folksmother showing legs, and her dress/body better, correct text, more visible borg with holy fire in background
a tlm.jpg
a tlm.jpg (43.81 KiB) Viewed 232 times
Pax

Post by Pax »

I like how Kelta is turning out so far. I am not sure about turning the horse into a unicorn, but I guess you are experimenting?

The inscription in the last image should be: ALTHUS WÉR.ET ENDE FON.RE LESTE THÉRA MODERUM. However, in my analysis of the Oera Linda manuscript, connectors tend to be written as tiny underscores and full stops and commas as simple dots. I updated the fonts long ago to accommodate this. So, if I were making that image, I would render the text as:

Althus wéret ende fonre leste théra moderum.png
Althus wéret ende fonre leste théra moderum.png (14.57 KiB) Viewed 104 times

That said, I prefer the text as it was in the original image, since it fit the style of the image more. You could also try using the Wagumskrift font if you want to experiment.
Vigtig Viden eller ligegyldig Info?
Kraftr

Post by Kraftr »

Pax wrote: 15 Jun 2024, 11:44 I am not sure about turning the horse into a unicorn, but I guess you are experimenting?
the horns are a reference to her being Celtic. The horse is supposed to be a belgian 'blonde' horse, big and muscular(the horse is I believe a symbol of power-and war) and I'm thinking Kelta should be a redhead, it looks good for the image too. I thought of making the rivers on the ground resemble the rivers of roughly Belgium. I'm looking at things to make the image more interesting, for instance I'm thinking of giving her cape a broche as was found in the Netherlands a lot, with a Wodinface with two birdhorns. I see now that I had the horsehelmet on backwards as I feared, because horns curve back, but it was from this relatively recent find below. I find similarity with Scythian practice of putting antlerlike shapes on their horses.
Celtic-horse-helmet.jpg
Celtic-horse-helmet.jpg (41.74 KiB) Viewed 75 times
scythian horse reconstruction.jpg
scythian horse reconstruction.jpg (113.29 KiB) Viewed 75 times
scythian warrior.jpg
scythian warrior.jpg (101.08 KiB) Viewed 75 times