Mythological Rememberance or A Tale of Two Abrahams, matriarchy in the middle east

both within OL texts as in relation to other traditions
Kraftr

Mythological Rememberance or A Tale of Two Abrahams, matriarchy in the middle east

Post by Kraftr »

too many interesting things to list in this presentation;

Liba takes us on a journey back to a time before the Abrahamic religions, when the Near East, stretching from Iran through Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, the Levant, and all the way to Egypt, was a vibrant hub of goddess figurines and mythologies.

Who was She, the divine feminine archetype?
Why was She of paramount importance in our ancestors' lives?
What led to Her gradual disappearance from our collective consciousness?

Liba Waring Stambollion is an artist, writer and independent researcher. Liba has given conferences around the globe on the Sacred Feminine, including conferences at the Yadegarebastan Research Center in Iran. She is currently finishing her book, The Tree and the Triple Goddess, which will be launched in 2024.

This presentation was given Thursday October 5th, during World Health Week. Part of a Dreams and Divinities calendar for ACFH at INDRA STUDIOS HACKNEY WICK -London, UK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZe7Dm0gmDE
Pax

Re: Mythological Rememberance or A Tale of Two Abrahams, matriarchy in the middle east

Post by Pax »

I think the Fryas understood the power of the divine feminine wisdom — and not in any “goddess” or personified (“She,” “Her,” etc.) way, but as a force or spirit. To fully wield it, girls had to be trained for years, creating the burg maidens and mothers. Their wisdom and teaching was then applied for the good of the people; without their guidance, being the moral compasses of the nation, people would inevitably go astray. If people try to create a false moral compass with the same likeness, the end result is worshipping goddesses, idols.

The presentation seemed interesting, so I watched part of it. Much of the analysis revolves around the esoteric meanings of Hebrew letters. She mentions that goddesses were highly respected before Abrahamic religions; but I would contend they still are. For example: many Catholics worship Mary (how's that for monotheism?), some people worship various Egyptian goddesses, even some “neopagan” people worship Greek and Norse gods and goddesses.

Here are some notes I took:

Alternative genesis story Sefer Yetzirah from the patriarch Abraham in the Fertile Crescent:

8:30 The Near East was most likely matriarchal.
9:10 The first time we hear about it is in the Babylonian Talmud.
11:30 Our experience is made up of letters, which are the roots of words with which we think.
12:30 It is an illusion that God is going through time and space if God is an omnipresent being. Consciousness is the illusion of going through time and space.
13:50 The three mothers emanate breath, water and fire. Together, they make air, Earth and the heavens. Evil is equated with the head and the heavens. Good is equated with Earth and the stomach, where our intuition comes from. Unity consciousness splits in the head into “you” and “me,” creating gods and goddesses that have egos and battles.
20:20 Through a combination of the letters' esoteric meanings created in this mythology, we have the origin of YH YHVH, Jehovah, who is not the creator; it is the mother letters which are the creators. The fathers are the manifest world; the mothers create that world.
21:40 Moses Cordovero in the 15th century creates a tree which draws on Kabbalistic texts. He uses Sefer as the structure of his tree, confusing people since then. Kabbalah also flips and confuses other things. Tarot decks are not based on the Kabbalistic tree.
24:00 Sefer verse: look up to sphere five, the highest word which is Delight. Kabbalistic tree puts the word on the bottom, creating Plague or Punishment. Letters change depending on where they are on the tree.
25:50 In Abrahamic religions, because of this flipping of concepts, we are told mothers are masculine, because how can we have creators that are female?
27:00 Semitic tribes emigrated to the Samaritans and interbred. The Samaritans disappeared but Samaritan continued to be used by the priestly class in the same way Catholic Christians used Greek; they were not speaking it.
27:40 She looked for: 1) Divine feminine birthing the masculine world, rather than the opposite Abrahamic story of the masculine creating the female world. 2) Cosmogony which begins with 3 primordial female-male pairs, including distinctive groups of 7 and 12. 3) Omnipresent being. Sefer is monotheistic.
28:20 In Zoroastrianism, Ahura Mazda is the great one being and all other deities are just aspects of Ahura Mazda; whereas the Hebrew god said they are shameful, trying to eliminate them. In the Old Testament, people wail for the old mythology, but it is always commented on negatively.
Vigtig viden eller ligegyldig info?
Kraftr

Re: Mythological Rememberance or A Tale of Two Abrahams, matriarchy in the middle east

Post by Kraftr »

I believe a female looking religion was dominant everywhere. The reason I think women were used as a sort of clergy is because men had mostly practical competative stuff to do, and women can be very meticulous, compassionate, precautious, and conservative. And are naturally drawn to spirituality, community, welbeing.
Now men have to engage intellectually, because the culture is challenged, but then it was a matter of maintenance. Min Erva became a hero because she was the first challenged, not because she was a cultleader, and why she rejected deification.
the more I learn, and I'm binging a lot, I feel there was a very comfy high intelligence culture in the west before 'recorded' history. And (derivations of it) were shaping eastern cultures too. And this presentation is just in line with this, so maybe I have a more sympathetic feeling when I see it, than seeing it in conflict with Frya's culture.
To me this video just confirms that a female god preceded the patriarchal religion and I pick up a lot of patterns. As she explains with the distinction between en-an and an-en; the female dominant in sumerian shows the document is older. Also I see similarities; pleiades'seven, the lions, a seated woman.
I also just found a great and proffesionally researched podcast on Maltas temples worth a watch from this same Dutch 'dollar store joe rogan'' channel of my other post and one about black pete, pretty good but a bit too unrelated to post I felt.