The last Folksmother

for those who write, translate, draw, paint, design, compose, edit, direct, etc. and feel inspired by Oera Linda
ott

Re: Tha letsta moderum

Post by ott »

The stylized lamp is well done, buth with the torch in hand, it would be superfluous.

So I think the last design (blue 6), without the lamp in front, would be my pick for the book. If you see ways to further inprove it, that would be great. We have some time still. From here we may continue by mail, if you agree, Kraftr.
Kraftr

Post by Kraftr »

I don't know how to make it better except unifying it, cleaning it up and little things I know I did a bit fast. I like the remnants of the Cybele, like the lionfaces, greek clothing etc but i could make a completely fresh drawing on this basis? Personally, I imagine it could look good on a medallion in the centre of the page.
I sent a pm, the design needs a bit of refinement and maybe I need to translate it to a bitmap or other format, which I don't yet know how to do, or other specs the printer or you may desire. I'm happy to go the extra mile to make it perfect!
Kraftr

Post by Kraftr »

I'm trying some new compositions.
I'm now thinking to put the letter and poison in her hands, for more expression. to work on next
Attachments
fRISOS BARN.jpg
fRISOS BARN.jpg (37.47 KiB) Viewed 510 times
Kraftr

Post by Kraftr »

If seen symbolically/esoterically, the male is standing with writing(his political reality) and a potion(the garbage they have to swallow) and the woman(as a symbol of Frya) is devastated.
It could stand for some abandonment, weakness or shortcoming(of Friso, represented by his son, both trying to be strong) of the male toward the female/Frya. I wonder if my other idea may show some other way to see things, or if either of them would be wrong, or just an awfull reality that is just hard to look at. Maybe there is other inspiring interpretations by the forum, or an understanding that this was not a situation that can teach something to be contemplated.
ott

Post by ott »

I do like the contrast expressed of allowing despair on the one hand and the holding back of emotions trying to make sense of the sitation and possibly finding another way out.
My imagination was that Friso's children would have been younger, but that's not fixed.
(it's BÀRN or BERN not BÁRN, FRISOS can also be spelled FRISO.HIS or FRISO.S)
Kraftr

Post by Kraftr »

BERN2.jpg
BERN2.jpg (53.08 KiB) Viewed 487 times
I'm not yet happy with the son but had a good one with the woman and the lighting/shadows
Pax

Post by Pax »

If you want to try experimenting more with Frya letters, you could look at my latest post in my font thread and try your hand at Runskrift. I have not updated the wiki resources yet, so the latest post is best for the time being.
Vigtig Viden eller ligegyldig Info?
Kraftr

Post by Kraftr »

Friso.s Bern.jpg
Friso.s Bern.jpg (35.26 KiB) Viewed 467 times
Godis.jpg
Godis.jpg (52.21 KiB) Viewed 467 times
Godis crowned by the Magus.

the clothing of the figures is pure fantasy and anachronistic.
work in progress so comments welcome.
ott

Post by ott »

I like the new drawings, but... Godis (after Overwijn '51)?
Why do you think that is a better interpretation of Wodin?
Kraftr

Post by Kraftr »

oh i'm sorry, that was the translation I read on the wiki, I didn't realize Godis is Wodin!(and that translations could be so different!)
Is there a thread on this?Seems like an interesting topic this difference.
I was just looking for a suitable topic for drawing something new.
Godis means priest? How did he read Godis in the text? I'm puzzled now.
Also, it occured to me yesterday moderum is plural if I'm correct and the threadtitle refers to Frana so 'tha letsta Moder' would've been better.