Most related spiritual traditions to Frya tradition

both within OL texts as in relation to other traditions
tatehiebert

Most related spiritual traditions to Frya tradition

Post by tatehiebert »

Hello all!

I was wondering what are the most related and closest spiritualities to the one detailed in the Oera Linda book?

I have a majority Frisian background, my mom being fully Frisian and my Dad being half Mennonite and Ukrainian. I always heard about Friesland now and again growing up but no one ever said much about it other than it had its own language, but I knew there was more to it.

Right before my Pake passed away, I got a copy of the OL for him to read because he knew how to read and speak Frisian and he was blown away by it and said it sounded and felt totally authentic. That was literally the last time I hung out with him one on one and he passed away about a month or two later.

Anyways somethings I have found potentially relevant and related to authentic Frisian spirituality:
- Mennonites stemmed from a guy named Menno Simons who was Frisian… perhaps there was some unknown Frya influence in his mind that started that movement that actually saved that group of people from being murdered and destroyed by various governments… Mennonites have a long history of escaping persecution due to their peaceful anti war nature. They’re based in Protestant Christianity but I find it very interesting.
- Hinduism or Sanatana Dharma is something I practice regularly and find deeply empowering and enriching… it is by far the most developed, intricate, complex and deep treasure trove of incredible spiritual, perception, consciousness, evolution based knowledge on the planet it seems… it is apparently the oldest religion in the world and has so many possible paths within it, there is no dogma like Christianity and the other ones… perhaps the Fryas were connected to some of these ancient practices as well… any follower of Hinduism knows that the many Dieties and forms that are worshipped in it are different representations of the ONE GOD/WRALDA, just in different costumes.
- Norse Germanic Mythology. In my searching for true connection to my ancestry, I keep running into this stuff and so far it is has never really resonated with me that much. Odin seems like a total asshole, the Eddas are interesting for sure but there is so little actual information and truly useful things available about this… it seems like it’s been completely destroyed and shattered beyond repair… Hinduism or Sanatana Dharma has been incredibly well preserved and has an unbelievably larger amount of deep knowledge that is similar to the multi deity type of framework found in the Norse mythology, but again it’s so well preserved and there are so many truly useful, accessible and powerful modalities of connecting with the deities, versus Norse and Germanic which seems mostly like people just make it up as they go along out of the tiny little scraps and crumbs that are left over.

What are other mythologies, spiritualities and religions that you find to be highly related, relevant or even basically similar to the spirituality practiced by the Fryas?
Helgiteut

Re: Most related spiritual traditions to Frya tradition

Post by Helgiteut »

Hello from Australia. My bloodline goes back to the British isles, and my mother's mother's forefathers where in the Society of Friends (Quakers). The "Quaker" worldview is like what you have said about Dharma (being non-dogmatic), although another thing is their opposition to Slavery, which they held to be wrong since the beginning. They also have no priesthood. Most Quakers were pacifist, but in the USA some actively fought for the revolution against the UK. They were expelled and became the "Free Quakers"
For those on this forum who don't understand Pacifism, I'll say this: not all Pacifists will allow themselves to be attacked, some do believe in self defense. But they won't join the military because an army has to occupy the lands of unwilling people. We read about Friso
He mocked our way of defending land and fighting sea battles.
[144]
When I read this I imagined that the Frya's army was a purely defensive force, staying within the borders of Frya's-land. Although I might be reading the text wrong, and could simply be speaking about the style of fighting.
Brea, bûter en griene tsiis is goed Ingelsk en goed Frysk
tatehiebert

Re: Most related spiritual traditions to Frya tradition

Post by tatehiebert »

Interesting!

From what I know of Mennonites and the like, they all stem from the Anabaptist strain of Protestantism which was about letting people decide on their own to be baptized rather than at birth. Catholics and others would publically drown Anabaptists alive, which caused them to flee and reside other places, Prussia, then Russia then Canada and other places in the world.

I know that Amish and Hutterites came from this same strain of Anabaptists which also included the Mennonites and I’m pretty sure Quaker’s also were part of this strain.

I’ve been reading a few books on North European paganism and it details a ton of very horrifically violent things. So I’m not sure what to believe about it.